IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING GOVERNANCE WEB PAGES
We are reorganising the governance of all our schools. Previously all schools operated in the cluster of schools which were overseen by a single Cluster Governing Body, with one parent from each school on it. We are now creating a separate Local Governing Body for each school, with two parents on each one. The governance web pages will reflect these changes in the next few weeks.
The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Federation Trust (HAFT) is a closely integrated Multi-Academy Trust (MAT). Its three schools have shared governance and shared executive leadership.
The Federation Trust Board is the non-executive body accountable for all aspects of the conduct and performance of the Academies of the Haberdashers' Aske's Federation. It exercises its responsibilities by employing a Chief Executive Officer and an Executive team who are responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of the Federation and for advising the Board on the overall vision and strategy for the Federation. The Trust Board retains close oversight of different aspects of the work of the Federation by appointing a range of committees to take responsibility for specific areas of its work. As well as these committees, each of the three Academies has its own Local Board. These are described in more detail on the Committees of the Board page.
Composition of Governance
- Members - Two of the members are from the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers are two are Directors of the Trust Board. Further detail on the remit of Members can be found in the Trust Articles of Association.
- Nominated Directors - these are Directors of the Trust Board who have been nominated and appointed by the Company Members, representing the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers. The Haberdashers Company holds the majority on all committees except the Audit Committee.
- Temple Grove Schools Trust Directors - two of the Directors on the Trust Board have been nominated by the Temple Grove Schools Trust, one of the Federation's sponsors.
- Co-opted Directors - these are Directors of the Trust Board who have been appointed by the Nominated Directors. The CEO of the Federation Trust is a Director ex-officio.
- Local Board governors - The chair of each Local Board is appointed by the Trust Board and is drawn from amongst the Nominated Directors. The rest of the Committee is formed of other governors co-opted onto the Local Board, a local authority governor, an elected staff governor and elected parent governors.
The Members and Directors are recruited or nominated based on the skills that they will bring to the governing body. On appointment, Directors receive extensive information relating to the Trust and attend an induction on the Federation and the role and responsibilities of Directors. During the year, Directors are offered training, both face to face and online by the Federation and the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers.
For further information on governance within the Federation please click the below links:
- The Articles and Funding page
- Governor Handbook Combined and updated December 2019
- Governor Meetings and Training Attendance Final 2019
- Governor Meetings and Training Attendance 2020
- HAFT governance leadership SOD v12 Approved 2019 11 04
- Terms of Reference for Governors 2019 10 07 APPROVED AT TRUST BOARD