Current Vacancies at Hatcham College
Current vacancies at Hatcham College
All applications must be submitted using our application form
Assistant Principal (ETAP) - Closes Wednesday 16th October 2019 (11am)
Hatcham College is an 11-18 secondary school working in partnership with eight other schools within the Federation. The role of Assistant Principal (ETAP) comes at an exciting time and we are filled with great optimism and working in partnership with the Federation and Local Governing Body, together with Hatcham Leadership Team (HLT), teachers, support staff, parents and pupils, our three key priorities are to ensure excellent Quality First Teaching, Behaviour for Learning and Achievement & Outcomes.
Executive Talent Acceleration Programme (ETAP)
The ETAP programme represents a significant investment on behalf of the Federation in developing new talent. We are looking for people who have what it takes to be head teachers in the very near future. You must have the ambition and desire to make a real difference working in south-east London and to see the opportunities that arise from the challenges you will face. You will be a reflective practitioner; adept at managing yourself and in seeing the learning in the opportunities you will be presented with through this programme.
This programme is designed to provide the successful applicant with up to two years senior leadership experience within Hatcham College along with a professional senior leadership training package that will draw upon the breadth of experience we can offer as a Federation. The expectation is that on completion of the programme the applicant should be ready to transition into a deputy headship or a vice-principal position and rapidly thereafter to headship.
This opportunity would suit a senior middle leader or an existing Assistant Head or Assistant Principal who is seeking to broaden and strengthen their leadership experience within a federation of schools that currently provides education for over 5000 children across all phases from nursery to post 16.
Teacher of Business and Economics - Closes Wednesday 16th October 2019 (11am)
The core purpose of this post is to contribute to the continuing development of the Business and Economics curriculum and to the overall development of the department. It is expected that the successful candidate will consistently plan and deliver outstanding lessons within the department.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
- has highly effective teaching skills
- has the ability to work as a part of a team and contribute to the department's development
- strives for excellence in all aspects of work
- is highly skilled in business and economics and to be able to use these skills appropriately as a tool in the teaching of Business and Economics
- sets high standards and expectations of colleagues and students
- is passionate, energetic, versatile and creative about their subject and teaching in general
- is fully committed to teaching in an College set within a hard federation context
- has experience of teaching Business and Economics at KS3 to KS5
- is committed to students continuing to study Business and Economics beyond Key Stage 4 and 5
- has ideas for motivating interest and enhancing provision for students at all levels of ability
- will play a full and active role in the development of the new College
- is committed to individual learning pathways and assessment for learning
- has a commitment to developing lunchtime and after school activities
- is an innovator; excited by change, able to turn innovative thinking into practical and successful classroom outcomes
- is committed to cross curricular collaboration across the College where appropriate
Teacher of Science with Physics - Closes Sunday 3rd November 2019 (midnight)
The core purpose of this post is to contribute to the overall development of this strong, stable department through teaching all three sciences at Key Stage 3 and 4 with the ability to offer a specialism at GCSE and A Level in Physics.
It is expected that the successful candidate will engage with the numerous professional development opportunities, including the specialist science consultancy and support from the Teaching School, to consistently and effectively provide high quality learning experience which drive student progress. The College teaches Biology, Chemistry and Physics from KS3. All three sciences are popular courses at A Level in our outstanding and high-achieving sixth form. We are looking for an innovative and forward–looking individual who can inspire students and contribute fully to a very active and successful Science team at Hatcham College and the broader cross Federation Science curriculum development
If you feel that this position is of interest and you have the right experience, skills and are ready for fresh challenges, with the ambition to make a real impact then we'd like to hear from you.